Body Cleansing diets are called as detox diets. Detoxification is the process of eliminating toxins and other unhealthy compounds from the body and most specifically the liver. The liver itself performs detoxification functions as it serves as the body's filter. Under body cleanse diet the detoxification process happens to the whole body. A cleansing diet is meant to clean out the liver, which in turn purifies, revitalizes, and energizes the entire body for paving the way for a healthy life.
The Need for Body Cleanse Diet
Symptoms such as fatigue, lethargy, insomnia, allergies, indigestion, recurring colds, and headaches can trigger your body to undergo a cleansing regime. The benefits of a Body cleansing diet include an increased level of energy, improved concentration, efficient absorption and digestion of nutrients, and better sleep patterns. It is important that you should make sure of plenty of sleep during the body cleanse diet process. Making a large part of your diet as fluids and taking green tea are advised for best results in the body cleanse diet. Whole body cleanse makes you feel younger and energetic but it should be followed under the supervision of your doctor.
Various Types of Body Cleansing Diets
There are many Body Cleansing diet plans to choose from a cleansing routine. Following are the most common body cleansing diets.
1. Lemonade Diet: The Intensity level varies depending on length of practice. This diet is recommended for up to 40 days. The main energy source is an elixir of fresh lemon juice, a dash of cayenne pepper, a tablespoon of pure maple syrup, and purified hot water. This is also called as Master Cleanse Diet.
2. Grapefruit Diet: This cleansing method is a very mild approach to purify the body. Most of the citrus foods offer the benefit of detoxifying, grapefruit is a main food source. Basically, the fruit is added to the beginning of each meal. It can be followed for any length of time as there is no side effect.
3. Cabbage Soup Diet: This cleansing regime may be tolerated well, if you like cabbage.
4. 24-hour Cleanse: This is the most common diet with very few major side effects. This plan mostly includes whole, unprocessed, raw (or lightly steamed) fruits and vegetables, slow-cooked brown rice, a source of protein and fat such as tofu or almonds, and lots of water.
3-Day Cleanse: This 3-day detox can offer many benefits without any side effects of the longer programs. The foundations of meal are almost similar to the 24-hour cleansing diet.
2-Week Cleanse: The longer period of time of such diets will certainly cause extreme side effects. There is no such evidence that the length of time is beneficial. This type of diet should be analyzed properly by an expert based on your physical condition before engaging in it.
5. The Moon Diet: This cleansing diet is purely based on the phases of the moon.
How Detox Diet Works in Eliminating the Body Toxins
All these diet should be followed without any alteration in the routing life style. It can be followed for 3, 5 or 7 days.
It helps to eliminate dietary allergens, toxins and inflammatory causing foods. This reduces the acidity of stomach and mucous in the body thereby promoting the alkaline environment.
Ayurveda and Detox Diet
According to Ayurveda, if you know your dosha or body type then you should go for foods good for your body and avoid those that cause damage to your health.
Body Cleansing Foods
Fruits: Dried fruits like cranberries, dates, raisins etc. Unsweetened natural juice and all the fresh fruits.
Vegetables: Veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, onions and green leafy vegetables. Sea vegetables like kelp.
Grains and Starch: It includes quinoa, brown rice, millet, oats, and brown rice pasta.
Nuts and Seeds: like almonds, walnuts, cashew, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
Oils: oils like olive oil, almond and coconut oil.
Beverages: such as rice milk, almond milk and hemp milk. Herbal teas, green teas and lemon water are considered good.