Dysport is an FDA approved substance for cosmetic improvement, much similar to Botox. It is derived from the same chemical substance, namely, Clostridium botulinim Toxin Type A. It was first developed in the United Kingdom in the 90s. This injectible was used to treat neurological and neuromuscular problems like cervical dystonia and undue muscle contraction in the neck or head regions.
In May 2009, the FDA approved of Dysport injection to treat cosmetic problems. Since then most people who have used Dysport have reported satisfaction. Like all other beauty treatments of today, Dysport is a no fuss injectible that appears to have no serious side effects. The rare occurrences of side effects are minimal and temporary. They can be enumerated as
- Swelling of eyelids
- Respiratory tract infection
- Increased symptoms of sinus
- Drooping of eyelids
- Pain and irritation in the region where injection is administered
The treatment Of Dysport
The required amount of Dysport is injected into a muscle because of which it gets paralyzed. Due to this effect, the frowning or wrinkling that would have been caused by the muscle is effectively staved off.
Recovery time for dysport
Dysport users are impressed by the fact that the injection requires no recovery time. All you have to do is to get Dysport injected into the muscle after which you can go home or even back to work! Injecting the chemical itself may take about 15 minutes or less.
Time to heal In Case Of Dysport
- Dysport needs no time to heal
- This is because the injected area does not have a wound
- There are no bandages or plasters required to protect the area
- However there may be some red bumps on the area for about 20 minutes after the injection
- Do not rub, massage or push the area on which you have received injection for that day
- During the actual injecting process, you may feel a slight pain when the needle pierces the skin
Effect Of Dysport Injections
After the Dysport injection, the enhanced looks will remain apparent for about three to six months. The wrinkles that have been removed out of sight may recur after this period, at which point it depends on you as to whether you want to have the next session of the treatment.
There are several studies that indicate the efficacy of Dysport. It was seen that Dysport acts quicker than Botox, on a general level. For instance, if the effect of Botox is visible in six days, for a Dysport treatment the effect is apparent within three days! There have been many cases when patients have claimed that the Dysport injection has worked for them within a day.
Other facts that have emerged from the study of Dysport effectiveness are
(1) women respond better and faster to Dysport injections, (2) people under 65 years of age found the treatment more effective than those above the age and (3)African-Americans found the procedure longer lasting and more effective than other ethnic groups.
Cost Of Dysport Injections
Dysport injections are here quite affordable, and the treatment does not lead to complications. The treatment is quick and does not lead to complications. The average cost is from $200 to $400. The effect is quick, may be evident within a day or two. The wrinkles are kept at bay for about three to six months.