The glow on your skin is a reflection of your good health. For a fair glowing skin, follow a daily routine of a healthy lifestyle. This will not only encourage your body, mind and skin to be great but will also prevents damage from toxins and outside forces.
Skin care routine works in two ways: Internal and External. Internally it can be via diet and exercise or yoga and externally it can be done by the use of various herbal and natural skin care products that adds glow to your skin.
Factors That Affect the Skin Glow
1. Seasonal changes like more exposure to sun make you tanned and more exposed to cold weather takes away the moisture forming dry skin.
2. Skin care products which contain chemicals.
3. Unhealthy lifestyle, mental stress affects the internal organs that are reflected on the skin in the form of problems like acne.
4. Harsh soaps and detergents harm your skin.
5. Bathing or showering in excessively hot water can cause damage to the skin.
6. Pollution is also problematic for your skin as dust can clog pores and increases bacteria on the face which lead to acne or spots.
7. Hormonal imbalances also affect the skin.
Tips For a Fair Glowing Skin
1. Have a healthy diet which includes lot of fruits, vegetables in the form of salads and fresh juices. You can use honey instead of sugar for juices.
2. Drink at least 6 – 8 glasses of water to keep your skin clean and glowing.
3. Sleep for 7-8 hours a night as your skin will rejuvenate itself by building new cells while you sleep.
4. Keep the usage of cosmetics at the minimum and make sure you remove them before going to bed.
5. Exfoliate once a week.
6. Exercise every day or at least 3 times a week as it will help you maintain your glowing skin by stimulating the blood flow.
7. Use proper sunscreen if you have to stay out in sun for long hours as too much exposure to sun causes skin to become dark, tanned and wrinkled.
8. Avoid alcohol, tobacco and caffeine as it reduces moisture from skin and wrinkles appear faster which make you look older sooner.
9. Make sure you take some time to relax yourself as stress worsens your skin problems. Practice yoga, dhyana or meditation that makes you more calm and peaceful.
10. Avoid eating over processed and refined junk foods as they increase the free radicals in your body that are very bad for skin health.
Home Remedy for Fair Glowing Skin
1. Apply a paste of gram flour (besan), 2 teaspoon milk and 3-4 drops of lime juice on face and neck for 15 minutes and wash with water. Repeat this every 2 weeks.
2. Mix raw milk, pinch of salt and two teaspoonful of lime juice, use this as cleansing lotion as it helps to clean the pores of skin.
3. Natural bleaching agents like lemon, potato can be applied directly on the face to maintain the skin tone.
4. Application of plain curd can lighten your skin as it is rich in zinc and lactic acid.
5. For delicate skin as that of babies, mixture of almond and olive oil with pinch of saffron is quite useful.
6. Raw milk can be applied daily to get fair skin. It is very helpful in case of babies.
Each skin type is different; you can find the out what suits your skin best and follow it.