Traditionally, makeup has been the most precious jewel of women. These days, foundation makeup is becoming very popular in men too. Foundation is used not only enhance the skin tone but also to make it look flawless by hiding blemishes. However there are lot of problems and ill effects associated with foundation makeup which can play havoc to the skin. Chemicals present in many of the foundation products can create adverse reactions that undermine your daily beauty regimen and damage your skin.
Most of the people are under the impression that they are improving their look by applying foundation. However they do not realize that they are exposing their skins and body to harmful chemicals which are ingredients to the foundation products available in market today. It is imperative to remove your makeup before retiring for the day with cold water.
The Following are Few of the Problems Which Can Develop Due to Foundation Makeup
1. Oily Appearance: Oil-based foundations give a slick appearance and can also smudge the eye line. These foundations can also clump up the eye shadow in the crease above your lid. Therefore such oil based makeup foundations should be avoided, especially if you already have oily skin.
2. Dryness: It is found that a foundation may dry out the skin and make it look flaky, dull and ashen. It may also cause cracks and fine wrinkles in the skin, making it itchy.
3. Clogged Pores and Acne: Makeup can cause acne or can make it flare up if one already has blemishes. When one wears foundations, it may clog the pores and hair follicles which can aggravate acne.
4. Allergies: Some ingredients presents in the foundation (such as fragrances and preservatives) can trigger allergic reactions. Preservatives such as parabens may also irritate your eyes and skin. One should avoid such foundation products which causes a skin irritation such as a rash, swelling or burning.
5. Chemicals: Synthetic ingredients found in many foundation makeup products should be avoided. These include Formaldehydes, Paraffin, Imidazolidinyl urea, Diazolidiny urea, Parabens (methyl, propyl, butyl, ethyl,) petrolatum products, propylene glycol, Phthalates, PVP/VA Copolymer, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, and Triethanolamine. These chemicals are particularly damaging to sensitive skin and can result into pre-mature ageing and rashes.
Application of foundation makeup is becoming popular day by day across all individuals across the globe. With greater exposure to such wide variety of products, be very careful in selecting the quality and type of foundation that suits your skin best. Organic foundations are encouraged to avoid side effects. This will not only save your skin from the harmful effects of artificial chemicals but will also help to bring a natural glow and softness in your skin.