Acne is not the only skin problem that worries teenagers. There are several other issues that they need to be aware of in order to maintain a healthy, glowing skin.
However, the resources that provide solutions to skin problem are too many and too varied. It is important to focus on what is the most important regimen of skin care in order to keep skin problem free.
Top Ten Tips to Be Acne Free
Here are ten tips that are enough to help you maintain a healthy, glowing skin. These tips are meant for teenage boys and girls
1. The most significant factor of skin care during the teenage years is to identify your particular skin type. Once you know whether your skin is oily, dry or a combination type, you will be able to choose suitable products for its care.
2. A balanced diet rich in nutrients is a must to maintain skin health
3. Drink a lot of fluids; they flush away toxins and keep your skin soft and supple
4. Avoid foods that may aggravate symptoms of acne like French fries and rich chocolate
5. Wash your face two to three times a day (with a facial cleanser rather than a regular soap bar) and lukewarm water
6. Cleanse your face of all traces of make-up before you go to bed at night; sleeping with make-up on is a big no-no
7. Use sunscreen (SPF factor preferably more than 15) to help protect your skin from
a. Aging of the skin (9 out of 10 instances of skin aging are because of exposure to the sun!)
c. Skin cancer
8. Moisturize your face everyday. Those with oily skin can use a product that has salicylic acid and can help prevent acne
9. Those with oily skin can limit moisturizing to once a day; apply moisturizer only after washing and drying skin
10. Exfoliate your skin gently once in seven days
Make-up for Teenage Girls
When You are in the Sixth Grade: A little bit of eye shadow, pale and light, lip gloss and well applied mascara is sufficient to make you look good. If you want to wear more make-up, it is important to try them out at home first.
When You are in the Seventh Grade: Apply foundation for acne prone skin. Practice applying foundation at home until you are able to keep it on without making it appear flaky and uneven. Also, practice using the eyeliner at home, before wearing it to school. You can now try out several different hairstyles too, besides the usual ponytail
When You are in the Eighth Grade: After trying out different hairstyles, you can now identify the hairstyle that makes you look good and keep that style. By now, you also know what products suit you and you would have become good at applying the right sort of make-up to make your face appear attractive.
When You are in High School: Change the middle school hairstyle now for something more attractive and sleek. This is the time you will go out in the evening for partying and hanging out with friends. For this, you may try darker eye shadows and different shades of lipsticks.
Whenever you buy make-up keep in mind that it must be a product of superior quality devoid of toxic and carcinogenic substances.